A sample of my courses
- Bio 100 – Human Biology (for non-science majors)
- Bio 201 – Cellular and Molecular Basis of Life
- Bio 202 – Organisms, Adaptations and Diversity
- Bio 301 – Professional Preparation
- Bio 305 – Evolution
- Bio 325/326 – Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Bio 328 – Vertebrate Biology
- Bio 412 – Marine Biology
In 2013 I started teaching an all-online asynchronous version of our non-science majors Bio 100 Human Biology course. You can watch a sample module introduction to the right.
An evening with Neil Shubin
My Vertebrate Biology students meeting prominent paleontologist Neil Shubin after his lecture at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. You can see some other course activities to the right.
A tour with the curator of mammals at the Cleveland Zoo
Some vertebrate anatomy chalkboard work
Science journalist Tom Hayden visits a science communication seminar course by Skype
I incorporate blogging assignments in many of my classes so students can share information and develop their written communication skills. This post was part of a species description final project.